GIF/JPG to DGN Conversion
GIF/JPG to DGN conversion services are also known as Raster to Vector Conversion (R2V). Use the form above to submit your file for conversion.
Format Conversion can convert your GIF/JPG image files to MicroStation (DGN) format. Our manual DGN conversions are fully editable, multi-layered and 100% dimensionally accurate. We follow your CAD standards (or AIA Standards) and can also accommodate your seed file and CAD Standards. The final output will be editable and in DGN format because we recreate the drawing from scratch. Also, we can create as many levels as you require and generate separate levels for dimensions, text, body, hidden lines, and centerlines, etc. Text is separate, has its own layer, and is recognizable as text. The stated dimensions match the lines drawn, and appear in a separate layer.
GIF (or Graphic Interchange Format) and JPG or JPEG (or Joint Photographic Experts Group)
GIF and JPG (or JPEG) are file formats for storing images, including photographs and line art. GIF/JPG is a popular format for high color depth images. GIF/JPG format is compatible with many different kinds of software. You can view them in many image formatting software applications, word processors and Internet browsers. It is because of their easy view-ability that GIF/JPG files are so popular. However, a GIF/JPG file is not easy to edit in its original form. Solution: we can convert your GIF/JPG files to DGN file format.
Format Conversion starts with a blank document and manually recreate the MicroStation drawing based on the GIF/JPG image. Our output is truly computerized in that it is “vectorized”. Since we actually redraw it, we are able to guarantee 100% accuracy in the final output.
The key advantages of our service are:
- The final output is editable and will be in DGN format because we create the drawing as a new file.
- We can create as many levels as you require. In fact, we tyically generate separate levels for dimensions, text, body, hidden lines, and centerlines, etc. We could also use your standards or reference file for drafting the AutoCAD files
- Text is separate and has its own layer and is recognizable as text.
- Dimensions are intact and are shown by a separate level
- We use blocks for different entities (like doors, windows, electrical fixtures, plumbing fixtures, furniture, etc.).
- Our CAD experts use a combination of both manual techniques and our proprietary technology to make your MicroStation file error-free. Our customers prefer the use of manual vectorization because auto-vectorization, while still evolving, is not yet reliable. Old drawings often lose their clarity and original dimensions. Of course, we could scan them in GIF/JPG format and convert them using auto-vectorization software. However, the dimensions in the DGN file would reflect the errors that arise because of the aging of the original paper drawings as well as distortions that inevitably occur during the scanning process. Our experts carefully digitize your drawings according to the dimensions mentioned in the original drawing, giving you error-free, multi-layered DGN files.
We offer the best combination of price, speed and quality:
- At Format Conversion we understand your need for accuracy, so our in-house experts use our time tested methods to convert files from any format to DGN. Thousands of regular clients use our high-quality, DGN conversion services to increase productivity.
- Format Conversion gives you the best CAD conversion solutions at very reasonable prices.
- You can easily send us your GIF/JPG files for DGN conversion by using the form at the top of this page.
- We typically deliver the converted files to you within 48 hours, but can also deliver them faster if required.
FormatConversion.biz is a division of Design Presentation Associates, Inc.