EMF to DGN Conversion
Format Conversion can convert your EMF image files to MicroStation (DGN) format. Our manual DGN conversions are fully editable, multi-level and are 100% dimensionally accurate. We can follow your CAD Standards and can also work according to your seed files. The final output will be editable and in DGN format because we recreate the drawing as a new file. We can create as many levels as you require. We generate separate levels for dimensions, text, body, hidden lines, and centerlines, etc. Text is separate, has its own level, and is recognizable as text. Dimensions are intact and shown in a separate level.
EMF or Windows Enhanced Metafile is a file format for storing images, including photographs and line art. EMF is a print-ready format, which is viewable on multiple platforms, but an EMF file is not easily editable in its original form. Solution: we can convert your EMF files to DGN file format.
Format Conversion starts with a blank document and we manually recreate the MicroStation drawing based on the EMF image. Our output is truly computerized in that it is “vectorized”; we actually redraw it. We guarantee 100% accuracy in the final output.
The key advantages of our service are:
1. The final output is editable and will be in DGN formats because we create the drawing as a new file.
2. We can create as many levels as you require. We generate separate levels for dimensions, text, body, hidden lines, and centerlines, etc. We could also use your standards or reference seed file for drafting the AutoCAD files.
3. Text is separated and has its own level and is recognizable as text.
4. Dimensions are intact and are shown by a separate level
5. We use blocks for different entities (like doors, windows, electrical fixtures, plumbing fixtures, furniture, etc.).
We use a combination of both manual techniques and our proprietary processes to ensure error-free conversion. AEC companies prefer the use of manual vectorization. Old drawings often lose their clarity and original dimensions. If you scan them in EMF format and then convert them using auto-vectorization software, the dimensions in the DGN file would reflect the errors that are introduced due to the aging of the original paper drawings as well as distortions caused by the scanning process. Our experts carefully digitize your drawings accordingly to the dimensions mentioned in the original drawing, giving you error-free, easy to manage multi-level MicroStation files.
1. At Format Conversion we understand your need for accuracy, so our in-house experts use our time tested methods to convert files from any format to DGN. Hundreds of clients have repeatedly used our high-quality, DGN conversion services to increase productivity. Many data conversion companies use auto-vectorization software tools; these lack accuracy and have limited utility.
2. Format Conversion gives you the best CAD conversion solutions at very reasonable prices.
3. You can send us your EMF files via fax, e-mail, CD’s or through FTP for DGN conversion. We will deliver the converted files to you overnight.